Friday 26 September 2014

No Excuses to Success

    
    I just wanted to do a quick post about the amazing momentum I feel in my business and health since starting the book "No Excuses" by Brian Tracy. This is my first book I've read of his so I'm completely unbiased. His writing is impeccable! It's like a mix of Chalean Johnson and John Maxwell combined into one. The steps are clear, simple, and concise. I did the first assignment in the book today and felt so refreshed!! 

    The thing's I haven't come across yet (but I'm seriously counting down the pages) are the 3% formula,  the 40+ formula, and antidote for anger or worry, harnessing the power of "mind storming" and MUCH, MUCH MORE! This book reminds me of my first personal development book, "The Compound Effect" and it's reigniting my love for these books! I've been reading some stale ones lately but this one is SO invigorating!

    Self- discipline is my biggest hurdle in my life right, owning a business at the age of 21 is a challenge to say the least. I know the opportunity I have at my fingertips, I know the possibilities that lay before me, and I know the daily steps I need to take, yet I feel so compelled to finish laundry, watch TV, make some food... basically anything OTHER than work. I picked up this book for this reason exactly - I WANT to make my business work, and to do that I need to sharpen my weakest characteristic. That is, self discipline. So far, this book is DEF addressing that issue. 

Some topics inside:

Give Up Your Suffering
The 4 Questions You Should Ask
The Fatal Flaw in Dieting
The Law of Control
The Nine-Step Method For Solving Problems Effectively
Start Today
Managing Your Time

OH MY GOSH, it's just endless. I could go on and on, but I'm only on page 43 and I already know I'm going to re-read this one after I'm finished. If you're struggling to get your finances in order, your body where you want it to be, or your business isn't taking off, PLEASE look into this book! Its 7.95 at Barnes & Noble right now, and amazon has it too!. BEST. INVESTMENT. EVER!!!


A lil sneak peek!




It feels like every page is filled with information worth GOLD!! Definitely my PD book of the year! Do you have any personal development faves?!

No comments:

Post a Comment