Wednesday 24 September 2014

2014 Engagement Ring Trends

    Wink wink ;) Do I even need to put a wink there? I think most of the female population in North America is ECSTATIC at the thought of getting proposed to and wearing a sparkly diamond on their ring finger, right? RIGHT?!

    Well, assuming that is true I'm kind of shocked and excited that Matt and I are going ring shopping this weekend! WHAT?! I know, it's very soon and we won't be getting engaged until next year at the soonest but HEY he needs to know what kind of ring to get right? Haha, anyways... after talking about it I've been obsessing over rings lately! For the LONGESTTTT time I knew I wanted a princess cut, but as time's gone on I feel myself super attracted to styles other than the princess cut. 

This was the original dream ring -- Princess Cut, Tiffany Grace Setting
Actually, that is QUITE the stunner. I may retract my statement and say that's the dream ring. But just incase, here are some of the other options that I've recently been swooning over.

Cushion Cut, Tiffany Novo Setting


Round Cut, The Tiffany Setting (classic solitaire ring)
Okay, so I know my choices are safe but I'm a classic girl! Here are the actual TRENDS for 2014 engagement rings -

1. Oval Cuts

2. Colored Stones
 


3. Heart Shaped Stones



    At first I was SO opposed to the idea of a heart-shaped stone but it's actually growing on me! Its romantic and cute, and pretty new in the world of rings. I wonder if it will still be trending a couple years from now? If I had my choice of rings I would probably choose cushion cut or princess cut, however on the day that I do get proposed to the ring won't matter nearly as much as the man who's down on one knee for me. Much love!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment