Monday 22 September 2014

I Believe in PINK & You Should Too


    Audrey Hepburn said "I believe in Pink." Well, growing up I thought it was beautiful and I loved the girliness that it represented, so I used the quote often. (I even had it as one of my facebook descriptions back in the day when facebook had the quote box under profile pictures #embarassing) 

    As I've gotten older I'm starting to think it runs much deeper than it appears on the surface. Pink typically represents girls, who turn into women. Is it possible that Audrey was saying she believe's in women? 

    As silly as it may seem to try to uncode such a simple saying, the more that I think about it, I feel in my soul that she WAS saying "I believe in women." Audrey was more than an actress, she was a humanitarian. She was a film & fashion icon. Women looked up to her. Her elegance and style made her more than a "sex goddess" and instead she had a wholesome beauty and aura that attracted devoted fans. Why was Audrey so special? Her talent, of course, but she never stripped for the silver screen. She never exposed her body to get an oscar nomination. She withheld her standards throughout her whole career despite cleavage making it's way through the 60's-70's. I look up to Audrey and her movies with such admiration. She was beautiful, capturing, and mysterious. 

    I think Audrey behaved in such a way that she expected women to be seen as more than a visual delight, but as a true contribution to society, the work force, etc. She believed in women and the potential that lays inside each of us. I think if Audrey were to give advice to any woman going after her dreams it would be to believe in yourself. Believe in pink. Don't be embarassed by the natural girl attributes that you have, be proud of them! Women have so much more power, strength and wisdom then society often gives us credit for. I'm not a man hater, nor a society hater, but I DO believe that women aren't given enough credit for our natural abilities, mental and physical, that we have inside of us. 
Be like Audrey. Believe in pink. Believe in women. Believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment