Monday 22 September 2014

How To Keep The FUN In Fitness


    Working out doesn't have to be boring, if you're doing a Beachbody workout I know you're not bored BUT on the chance that you're a gym rat and tired of the same old cardio machines and dumbbells at the gym - STOP! Try something new. I'm a HUGE fan of workout DVD's since they're always fun, energetic, and your typically doing it with others (in the TV but HEY who's checking where my friends are from).

    You need to change up your routine so that you stay motivated and most of all, amped up! Pre-workouts are effective but you don't want to rely on them in order to feel energy throughout our workout. If you feel like you NEED a PWO, then you might be doing 1) The wrong workout or 2) not eating the right foods.

    Well, to target #1 (since #2 is an entire post in itself) here are some tips to keeping the FUN in fitness!

Try some sports! 

    I have to say, after I quit playing soccer in High School I stopped considering myself an "athletic girl" even though I still cared about fitness. Well, last weekend my boyfriend and I bought 2 badminton rackets and birdies from the dollar store (YES, they really were a dollar!) we've been playing EVERY. DAY. OMG, who knew how fun badminton was?! (we're even thinking about joining some type of couples team if we can find one)

    Playing badminton at the park (we go so we can throw the ball for my pup, Charlie) has become my addiction. And it's SUCH a good way to get my heart rate up aside from my daily workouts. I know badminton isn't enough to get a serious weightless transformation at the level we're playing at, but seriously - everything counts over the long run.

    If badminton's not your thing, try another sport! Tennis, basketball, soccer, there are so many! Grab a friend, your man, anyone who might want to play and just go for it! You guys will probably have WAY more fun than you're anticipating and you'll be going back for more fun (and burned calories) ASAP. 

    Besides just field sports, if you live near the beach you can go paddle boarding, surfing if you know how - and if you don't, take lessons! What better time?! Unless you're afraid of sharks, which I am... so I'll stick to paddle boarding since there's less time in the water for that one LOL. 

    Have you tried a kickboxing class? A dance class? Yoga? I get my kickboxing and dance fix in with TurboFire (my soulmate workout ) and yoga from the 21 Day Fix + P90X. Try taking a class that's near you! A cycling class, Zumba, or go for a run with your pet! 

    Basically, the key to keeping the FUN in FITNESS, is to try new things and to MAKE it fun. The truth is, going to the gym and doing elliptical for 30 minutes just is NOT fun for me, so thats why I do my beachbody workouts. Try them! My friend Laura ordered Brazil Butt Lift last week and said to me "These are hard, but honestly - I'm having SO MUCH FUN!" Make fitness fun and you won't feel like it's draining you, instead you'll feel like it's truly energizing you!


I hope you liked some of the ideas here, try something new this week and let me know how you liked it! Talk soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment