Monday 22 September 2014

Fall Fashion Trend 2014 - Plaid

    PLAID!!! Ahhh, how I love me some plaid. Seriously, this pattern has slowly been making it's way into recent fall seasons but this year it's OFFICIALLY in! I've been waiting for this return ever since I saw Clueless for the first time 4 years ago. 




Okay, as overwhelming as those outfits may be, they are still FAB! If you're wondering how to wear this in a cute way beyond your typical SCARF and without going over the top like Cher - my best advice - a skirt! There are so many ways to wear this in a tasteful way that still look cute AND that'll pull off the 90's school girl without looking christmassy/dressed for halloween.


I'm currently loving these: 

American Apparel Plaid Tennis Skirt

American Apparel Plaid Tennis Skirt


    Okay I'm a bit biased since I own the skirt on the right and I am SO excited to have it! Hopefully you think it's just as cute as I do! It's def gonna be a staple for me this Fall. I'm pairing it with a long-sleeved black or red v-neck. Don't worry, I'll post pictures here. (link coming) 

    If you're not a skirt person and still want to incorporate plaid into your fall wardrobe fear not! This pattern is gonna be all over the place this season. WARNING - avoid Hot Topic. We don't want to be found wearing red plaid pants with chains dangling from the pockets now do we! 

When worn correctly plaid can be so chic! Some plaid from this years fashion shows: 


Oh, and don't forget leopard! When paired with plaid,  you'll be turning heads left, right and centre! The bold lip + plaid + leopard = fabulous and sexy in a classy way. LOVE! 

Pinterest Unknown


Left: Unknown | Right: Wendy's Lookbook

What plaid piece has you the most excited? 
I'm drooling over that knee-lenth red & blue skirt right now! Have a great day loves! 

No comments:

Post a Comment