Monday 28 July 2014

Healthy Grocery List!

Truth be told, I'm not a great cook. I still have a LOT of work to do when it comes to the kitchen. At the beginning of my weightless journey I knew basically NOTHING about eating "clean". I tried to follow a Vegan diet once, tried Vegetarianism, Paleo... basically I tried anything that told me I could get results! The problem was... I always found a way to fit tortilla chips into a diet. I'M NOT ALONE! Seriously. Did you guys know that technically Oreo cookies are VEGAN?! Yeah... me neither till I became vegan and googled the heck out of "Vegan Desserts" #woops.

As I've progressed through out my weightless journey I've come to realize that there is no secret sauce, quick fix, easy list to follow that gaurantees X lbs in X days! SAD, but TRUE. It's not as simple as eating Paleo, Vegetarian, or Carb Free etc etc etc. What I CAN tell you is something that I've realized actually WORKS! And yes, it's really just - eating clean. When I first started I had no idea what it meant to really "EAT CLEAN" in fact, I thought whole grain bagels and peanut butter was a healthy breakfast because it's "Whole Grain and Protein!" WRONG! Well kinda.... that would be okay on occasion, but it's DEFINITELY not the kind of food that's going to help you accomplish your weight loss goals. Have you ever heard the expression "Abs are made in the kitchen"? It's TRUE! Losing weight is 80% diet, 20% fitness.

I wanted to start at the absolute basics of clean eating, and where does that begin?! At the GROCERY STORE! Yay!!!! (FYI, I love ALL forms of shopping) So here's a grocery list of the foods that I tend to follow in order to get variety, nutrients, and of course healthy meals and snacks!


PROTEIN AND DAIRY

  • Chicken Breast
  • Lean Ground Turkey
  • Eggs (& LOTS of them!)
  • Cottage Cheese
  • Shredded low-moisture Mozzarella
  • Greek Yogurt
  • Tempeh
  • Tuna

PRODUCE

  • Spinach
  • Bell Peppers
  • Tomatoes
  • Cherries
  • Asparagus
  • Strawberries
  • Blueberries
  • Gala Apples
  • Broccoli
  • Cauliflower
  • Banana
  • Brussel Sprouts
  • Mango

CARBS

  • Sweet Potato
  • Instant Oatmeal
  • Quinoa 
  • Cinnamon Raison Ezekial Bread

FATS & SAUCES

  • Natural Peanut Butter
  • Low-sodium Soy Sauce
  • Mustard
  • Hummus
  • Avocado
There you have it! My Grocery list. I will update this as my preferences change but as of right now, thats prettyyyyy much what you'll find in my kitchen! Except for maybe a bag of Kettle Corn or so ;) Remember folks, this is a lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment