Monday 28 July 2014

5 Tips to Beat Bloating!

Bloating.
Ughhhhh, am I the only one who bloats SO easily?! Okay. I KNOW I'm not. But seriously! Bloating is one of the worst feelings in the world. It's so uncomfortable and on top of that - makes me feel like I've gained 5 lbs instantly. NOT COOL! Luckily I've been doing some research and I've made a list of  ways to beat the bloat! Thank goshhhhh.

Drink 1 Gallon of Water Per Day
OR what you can do is figure out your required amount of water based on your weight! Take your weight, divide that in half, and drink that amount in oz's per day! For example - if you weigh 140 lbs, you need to be drinking 70 oz. of water PER DAY! 

Eat More Fiber
Make sure you're getting enough Fiber! Fiber is found in whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes.

Slow Down Your Eating
Eating quickly and not chewing your food well can cause air swallowing that leads to bloating. Your meals should last 20-30 minutes.

Avoid Carbonated Drinks
It turns out that carbonated drinks, even diet ones, can cause gas to get trapped in your belly. Instead, I've been trying to drink water with lemon, cucumber, or lime. YUM!!

Avoid Gum and Sugar Foods
Chewing gum can cause you to swallow too much air, leading to bloating. Also, foods with artificial sugar in them cause water retention ALSO causing bloating. YIKES!

Drink cucumber water, it'll add flavor AND help to detox the body!


No comments:

Post a Comment