Wednesday 22 October 2014

How To Get Over Your Excuses

    I hate to say it, but we all know whats really holding us back in life. And that is - EXCUSES. I've done a couple other blog posts about excuses but this one is dedicated on how to GET OVER those darn things! It's time to let go of them and get the body/house/boyfriend/career of your dreams! Why not?!?!


#1. "I'm too busy!"
No, you're not. "No really! I am!" No. Trust me, you're not.  Instead of letting your mini items on your to-do list take priority over something big and important you need to set your priorities! Cut TV time, set a schedule, plan ahead, and COMMIT. This is not rocket science. It's simply a matter of moving things in your schedule that don't need to be there (Ahem, Big Bang Theory) and making room for the things that do! Trust me, you will thank me later! You might be less caught up on Penny and Leonard but your abs sure will feel good. 

#2. "I'm exhausted"
While thats a very real feeling, it's usually never true to the extent that you can't work out and get your booty moving. I know how tired you feel after a long week of work and only getting 6 hours of sleep last night, but don't let that stop you from getting your workout in. Low energy = you NEED the workout even MORE! It'll help you sleep better, you'll be more functional, and you'll have more natural energy. Don't skip it! It's okay to exercise at a lower intensity too, anything is better than nothing. Just promise me you'll do 5 minutes & after 5 minutes you'll want to continue. If not, thats okay! Just promise me 5 minutes. 

#3. "I'm too broke"
While it's definitely hard coming up with the money for a gym membership, beachbody program, healthy food form the grocery store, shakeology etc, hear this -- YOU ARE WORTH IT! You are SOOO worth the investment into YOU! You are the best thing you can take care of, and this is an investment that will give you MASSIVE return on your money! Abs, toned thighs, non-scale victories.. are those worth it? Heck ya! Make some changes in your budget,  cut some fluff out, and make the small investment! At the very least, just start with walking or jogging outside. Totally freeeeee, YAY!

#4. "The Gym is intimidating"
Um, YEAH! I know. Honestly, thats why I workout at home. Including the fact that I'm clueless in a gym and usually spend more than half of my time on either the treadmill, bike, or elliptical LOL. Anyways, gyms ARE intimidating. Unless you're a bodybuilding male with popping muscles, the gym is scary. On the real though, EVERYONE there is worried about how THEY look. So no one is really looking at you. Everyone there has a starting point in their past. No one is born with muscles and major gym-knowledge. Get out of your hermit cave and embrace being outside your comfort zone!

#5. "I'm bored"
If you do the same workout everyday you're gone get bored, stuck and definitely - in a rut. I've been there! Thats why I like to change up my workout programs after a couple rounds. If you workout at the gym, try taking a new class, try a new cardio machine, or take a hike outside instead of the gym on saturday! If you do beachbody programs, change it up! The possibilities are endless and they always keep them new exciting. I LOVE Turbofire but I have to change it up every now and then in order to stay amped up! (I'm starting P90X3 next week, hehe.)

#6. "I'm focusing on my diet"
This is good news! But it's not enough to get you to your goals. Nutrition IS 80% of the battle, but dieting without working out will only make you look good in clothes and not naked ;) Boo! Exercise also has way more benefits than just looking good --> You'll sleep better, you'll have more energy, you're skin will be glowing, you're immune system will be boosted, you'll feel better, you'll be more productive - will all those benefits, why would you want to rely on an excuse?

Go out there and kick some butt!!




No comments:

Post a Comment